Financial Assistance is available for eligible Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and those eligible to become permanent residents. For further information about status in Canada, please refer to the Government of Canada website. Please note that permanent resident status must be gained prior to applying for financial assistance.

Prospective OUM students are automatically assessed for Canada Student Grants and Loans in addition to provincial/territorial funding when they apply for student aid with their province or territory of residence. Student grants and loans are administered by provincial and territorial student aid offices, such as the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) and StudentAid BC. Further information and application forms may be found on your provincial or territorial financial aid program’s website. Some provinces/territories may require additional information from OUM to complete your application.

Underrepresented student groups have access to additional support options. Please consult Canada Student Grants and Loans or your provincial/territorial student aid office for further information.

In addition to grants and loans, Registered Education Savings Plan and/or the Lifelong Learning Plan funds may be used to cover medical school expenses.

Note: All students planning to practice in the US must follow the USMLE Pathway.