SAVE THE DATE: MARCH 2020
Plans in progress for 5th annual Student Conference
The 2020 OUM Student Conference in Melbourne, Australia has been scheduled for the weekend of 7-8 March with the Meet & Greet on Friday evening, 6 March at 6:30 pm. The conference will again be held at the Best Western Hotel & Convention Centre near Melbourne Airport.
As always, one of the most important aspects of attending the conference is the opportunity to connect with classmates, graduates, faculty, and staff. Many friendships have been formed as a result of the conferences, so all OUM students are encouraged to attend.
- AMC session will again be run by Dr. Majid Gondal, AMC and RACGP examiner
- AMC Preparation, MCQ+OSCE
- OUM graduates are attending and will discuss Pathways to Success + provide Q&A (Sunday afternoon)
- Dr. Lameko will discuss clinical rotations in Samoa and present on “getting the most from your rotations”
- Dr. Diamante will present an interactive Clinical Skills session
- Dr. Brown and Dr. Camera are running the 2nd Research Symposium. Students are invited to present either a poster or an oral presentation. Those interested in presenting their research should contact Dr. Camera to discuss.
- Joy Braun, Registrar, will discuss “Applying to Practice in Australia Through EPIC” and “The NZ Process”
- Graduation Ceremony will be held late Saturday afternoon
- Three breakout groups running OSCE-style presentations (Sunday morning)
Six members of the accreditation team from PAASCU (Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities) also will be at the conference, so students’ attendance and participation are extremely important in assuring that we put our best foot forward.
Saturday’s session will commence at 8 am and finish at 5 pm, with the Graduation Ceremony starting at 5:45 pm. Sunday’s programming will commence at 9 am and the conference closes at 5:30 pm.
Conference Facility & Accommodation Details:
Best Western Airport Motel and Convention Centre
33 Ardlie Street, Attwood, Vic 3049
Ph: 03 9333 2255 Fax: 03 9333 3366
Please contact the Conference Centre directly at 03 9333 2200 (+61 3 9333 2200) or email email@example.com to reserve a room. Note: There is no obligation to stay at the Best Western.
As always, there is no charge for the conference itself, but students need to cover costs for travel, accommodations, and some meals. Best Western accommodations are AU$145 for the room only, AU$160 for a single with full buffet breakfast, and AU$175 for a twin share with breakfast. When making reservations, be sure to mention the OUM Conference to receive the special rate. Morning/afternoon tea and lunch will be provided by OUM on Saturday and Sunday. Other meals will not be included.
Additional important information and requests:
- Anyone who has exams during the conference time period, regardless of where you are in the program, will be given an extension.
- Please confirm if you will be attending Friday night and if you will attend both Saturday and Sunday or just one of those days, so we may plan our food orders.
- Please indicate if you have any special dietary requirements.
Please let Kerryn Graham know if you will be attending (and cc Joe Korac). Anyone with questions should contact Joe. Looking forward to seeing everyone in March.